Williams Hall Renovation
- Project Overview
- Project Details
As Construction Manager, Torcon completed a comprehensive renovation of the 63,000 sq. ft. Williams Hall academic building originally constructed in 1903 and expanded in the 1950s.
The project required interior demolition to structure, and fit-out for classrooms, office space and facilities for global and international studies.
New spaces include a welcome area/atrium for students, faculty and staff; a gallery, lounge and lecture halls; and global classrooms that allow video conferencing and collaborative teaching.
Building restoration includes window replacement, installation of pitched roof with copper appointments; restoration of concrete ornaments; and new MEP systems and equipment. The facade of the 1950’s top floor was also upgraded to architecturally match the lower levels.
The additions and renovations to the building have created a student hub available to the entire community. The various offices for fields of study located in Williams Hall provide students the opportunity to interact with others around campus that have similar interests, and focus on a diverse range of programs.